Melanie Thornton ep 10




This sudden success was great for Melanie, but to her it was like a gradual thing, a very happy feeling. She explains:

"It was like, "Oh, wow! This is something I dreamed of when I was six years old." But, at the same time, we were traveling so much. We really didn't have the time to soak in the momentum of our success - to soak in the hype and believe the hype. We were working really hard at this point. We would go places and people would go crazy to see us, and this was interesting. At the same time, I kind of kept in mind.
This is really great. I hope we can continue to produce music our fans love. But I always tried to keep a reality check. This is because this song is so widely publicized and promoted. And it IS a great song, but it's more about the product at this point than ourselves."

The next single was "Be My Lover" in 1995 in the new formula Lane & Melanie, becoming an instant hit once again : #8 in Israel, #1 in Germany and Spain, top 10 in Holland, Austria and Belgium, #3 in Australia, #2 in Canada, #2 in Italy, #3 in France, #5 Switzeland, and #25 in the UK.
After the huge success of " Be my lover" & "Sweet Dreams" in Europe they were invited to the USA to promote the single " Be my lover" on several radio stations and to do a new version of the video for the song, 'cause the original video was too hot to show on American music television. After the promotions & the shoot they also did a trip to the East River and they did a helicopter-flight over Manhattan.
The single "Be my lover" sold gold in USA and went #6 in the USA Billboard Hot 100.



Thanks to Karine Sanche & Culture Beat Fanbase

No comments:

Post a Comment